Recreation Therapy Volunteer Program Overview
This Volunteer Program provides a great opportunity to enrich the volunteers' experience in Recreation Therapy, and develop their skills and knowledge as a Recreation Therapist.
- Work as a Recreation Therapist under a direct supervision of the unit preceptor.
- Assist in monitoring pediatric patients in the playroom to ensure a safe and hygienic environment.
- Assist in Encouraging pediatric patients to discuss and act out their concerns and problems with their illness through recreational activities.
- Assist in organizing celebration of National holidays and events as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing the needed materials, toys, and activities items in the playroom.
- Assist in conducting educational activities and participating in awareness days as assigned.
- Assist in encouraging and teaching patients good health habits through play activities.
- Participate in planning activities appropriate to the patients’ developmental stage to facilitate positive physical, intellectual and emotional growth and development.
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Safety and Infection control practices.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree/ Associate Degree/ Diploma in pre-school education, special education, Child Psychology.
- Able to volunteer for (8) weeks.
- Submit the Health Screening Form.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Adhere to the business hours from Sunday through Thursday from (8:00AM – 4:00 PM).
Programs you might be interested in