Pathology and Laboratory Volunteer Program Overview
This Volunteer Program provides a great opportunity to enrich the volunteers' experience in different aspect of Laboratory and develop their skills, while gaining the required knowledge and giving back to the community.
- Work as a technologist under a direct supervision of the section preceptor.
- Assist in obtaining and processing laboratory specimens.
- Assist in performing specimens’ analyses, tests and procedures.
- Assist in arranging laboratory specimens for testing.
- Assist in performing and loading some tests on automated instruments.
- Assist preparing, staining and collecting Bone Marrow.
- Assist in Pre-Analytical steps(sample sorting, loading in the analyzer, slide making and preparation of malaria slides and buffers)·
- Assist in samples preparation for Vitamins as requested.
- Assist and participate in all related laboratory tasks and duties as requested.
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Safety and Infection control practices.
- Area of services (Serology, Immunology, Hematology, Microbiology, Satellite lab, Toxicology)
*The above responsibilities are subject to change according to the operational needs.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in one of the following:
- (Medical Technology in Clinical laboratory sciences, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, toxicology)
- Must have a valid Saudi council license.
- Able to volunteer for (8) weeks.
- Submit the Health Screening Form.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Adhere to the following business hours from Sunday - Thursday:
- Working hours: 08:00 a.m – 04:00 p.m * expect Thursdays: 08:00 a.m - 03:00 p.m.
Programs you might be interested in